About UsThe Ex-Xavierites Association – Surat : TEXAS
The Ex-Xavierites Association – Surat is referred as TEXAS in short. The TEXAS has its office as St. Xavier’s High School, Ghod-dod Road, Surat – 395001.
The Ex-Xavierites Association – Surat : TEXAS
Born for greater heights
A true Xavierite is the person for others. We uphold the spirit of serving our alma mater and a sense of responsibility towards the society.
Aims and Objectives:
- To bring about a better co-operation and co-ordination amongst the past students of the St. Xavier’s High School, Surat.
- To develop social awareness, a generous spirit of service and awareness of the social conditions around us and society at large.
- To provide social help and relief to the needy.
- To promote personal and free relations amongst the members of the TEXAS and to hold meetings for socially useful and productive work for the school and TEXAS in general.
- To collect, publish and distribute such information as may prove useful to the present student of the school and also to the members of the TEXAS.
- To find scholarships for the poor and deserving students.
- To guide and help the members in procuring and securing employment.
- To promote various sports, cultural as well as social activities.
- To help the school in any area as and when needed and to be part of the Xavier’s Spirit.
- To live up to the motto “A Xavierite is a person for others”.
- To maximize the number of members
TEXAS helps and supports all school activities such as Teacher’s Day, Sports Day, Annual Day etc. TEXAS participates in school events with the Xavier family and also uses the platform for social service for the greater good of the society by helping the underprivileged by conducting medical camps, donating computers, books, stationery hampers, even setting up a library etc. TEXAS also encourages and helps other schools to establish such alumina.
Parents – Teachers Association : PTA
The Parents – Teachers Association of St. Xavier’s High School, Surat, is shortly referred as PTA.
To bring active cooperation of parents and well wishers for the effective and smooth running of the school. Helping the school in organising various activities that render to its development and progress.
We know that no institution could effectively and smoothly work without the active cooperation of parents and the well-wishers. The education pattern and methodology, syllabus and courses of study have changed, new subjects are being introduced and students have to be prepared for new professions and careers according to their aptitudes and abilities.
For effective working of every project in the school, the need for cooperation between home and school, between parents and teachers is essential. “The school” i.e., includes the principal, the staff, the parents and the children, the management of the school and the school site.
The child becomes a member of a school family as soon as he/she is admitted in the school
We aim the following:
a. To co-operate with the school management for the common cause of bringing about all the all round development (Physical
Activities Conducted during 2018-19:
- Vaccination Programmes
- Navratri Celebration
- Blood Donation Camps
- Book Distribution to the students
- Medical Camp for school students as well as for distant schools of south Gujarat
- Suggestion and implementation of safety grill, wall fans and solar lights
- Participation in various school programmes such as Teacher’s Day, Independence Day Celebration, Republic Day Celebration, Sports Day, Annual Function, Feast Day Celebrations, Christmas Celebration etc.
- Giving token of love to the teachers and student teachers on Teacher’s Day